- 3 x 425g cans of mixed beans
- bunch of continental parsley - chopped
- 2 onions - diced
- 2 cups of rice
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 2 double breast chicken fillets - cubed
- pine nuts
- 1 tin tomato puree
- 4 cups of vegetable stock
- Moroccan Spice mix - to taste
- Cook rice in 3 cups of vegetable stock and 2-3 cups of water
- Add oil to pan and cook garlic for about 3 minutes.
- Add diced onions to pan and coat with Moroccan spice mix. Cook for approximately 5 - 10 minutes or until golden. Remove from pan.
- Add fresh oil (if needed) and add chicken. Add more spices if necessary and cook thoroughly.
- Add bean mixture, tomato puree and 1 cup of vegetable stock. Stir.
- Add currants and pine nuts.
- Add rice mixture to main dish, stir through and add chopped parsley.
An easy dish to prepare and cook, it is a crowd pleaser and freezes well. For a different flavour try substituting the tomato puree for condensed soup - cream of asparagus or adding half a jar of a spicy fruit chutney.