- 2 cups of rice
- 4 cups of vegetable stock
- about 600g of chicken - chopped into cubes
- 2 onions - diced finely
- lime seasoning
- about 500g of raw prawns
- 3 eggs
- pineapple - chopped into cubes
- snow peas
- cashew nuts
- fresh basil leaves - torn or chopped
- 2 chillies, finely diced
- 1 jar nasi goreng paste
- mix some of the nasi goreng with the chicken and marinate. Marinate the prawns with sweet chilli sauce.
- cook the rice with the vegetable stock and any juices from the pineapple
- mix the egg white and yolks together. fry the egg quickly, remove from pan and slice into small strips
- stir fry the diced onions with garlic and the lime seasoning until golden. Remove from pan
- stir fry the pineapple cubes. Remove from pan.
- stir fry the prawns until they are cooked. Remove from pan
- stir fry the chicken and add the remaining nasi goreng. When chicken is cooked, add the cooked rice and stir until all the nasi goreng has been mixed thru.
- add the onions, pineapple, snow peas, cashew nuts and mix thru.
- finally mix in the chillies and basil
- This follows closely with the recipe on the jar, however I've added my own spin to it.
- The people that have tried this dish have loved it; with one commenting that it is my best dish yet