Veal Stir Fry
- Oyster Sauce
- Kecap Manis
- Lime - Juiced and rind
- Cracked Pepper
- peanut oil
- soy sauce
- sesame oil - 2 teaspoons
- 1kg diced veal or other meat or your choosing
- Snow Peas
- carrots - sliced
- mushrooms - sliced
- 2 red capsicum - sliced into long strips
- bunch of basil - chopped
- Mix roughly equal portions of Oyster Sauce and Kecap Manis.
- Add the lime juice, ginger and cracked pepper. Alter portions to suit.
- Mix equal portions of soy sauce and peanut oil.
- Add 2 teaspoons of sesame oil and thoroughly coat the meat. Marinate for at least 30 mins or overnight for full flavour.
- Add mushrooms to pan and stir fry for approximately 2-3 minutes.
- Add remaining vegetables and cook until your liking. Remove vegetables.
- Add meat to pan and stir fry until cooked.
- Add sauce and vegetables and mix thoroughly.
- Turn down the heat and mix in chopped basil.
- Serve on a bed or rice.
- Marinating the meat is optional, and you can try experiment with other types to achieve a different flavour.
- Substitute the veal for 2 chicken breasts
- Replace the rice with 2 packets of Wokka Hokkien noodles
- I use Ayam's Oyster Sauce, and for this recipe about a third to half a jar.