Citris Chicken and Honey
- 1kg chicken - diced
- 1 lemon - juiced with rind
- 1 lime - juiced with rind
- honey - a big blob or two
- snow peas
- capsicum - finely chopped
- onion - finely diced
- cashew nuts - handful
- soy sauce - a bit
- sweet chilli sauce - a big blob or two
- coriander - finely chopped
- sesame oil - a drizzle
- peanut oil - a bit
- minced garlic - about a teaspoon
- Combine equal amounts of soy and peanut oil. Add a drizzle of sesame oil, mix together and coat chicken.
- Combine sweet chilli sauce, soy, honey, cracked pepper, juiced lemon and lime, rind and coriander in separate bowl. mix thoroughly and adjust quantities to taste.
- Cook onion and garlic until golden. Add capsicum and snow peas and continue to cook for a further 4-5 minutes. Remove.
- Cook chicken. Add sauce from step 2 and stir through. Add vegetables and stir through.
- Add cashew nuts and any remaining coriander and stir through.
- Serve on a plate of Jasmine rice
Everyone that I have cooked this dish for has loved it with one commenting that it appeared to change flavour with every mouthful.