- 1 kg chicken - diced
- 1 red and 1 green capsicum - diced
- 2 onions - finely diced
- handful of flaked almonds - roasted
- a few handfuls of sultanas
- fresh mint - chopped
- curry powder
- 1 bottle of satay marinade
- 2 tins of evaporated carnation milk
- 2 teaspoons of corn flour
- 2 bananas - chopped
- fry onions with garlic until golden. Mix in capsicum and continue for another 4-5 minutes. Remove from pan.
- coat the chicken pieces in curry powder by placing both in a bag and shaking. Fry for a couple of minutes or until partially cooked. Add the marinade, mix through and continue cooking chicken.
- whisk the corn flour with the carnation milk and add to the chicken mix. Allow to bubble and thicken before simmering.
- add onion and capsicum and stir through.
- add banana, stir through and allow to soften over approx 4-5 minutes
- add flaked almonds, sultanas, mint
- Serve on a bed of jasmine rice
This is a favourite of mine because it is fairly unique (banana and chicken - come on), and it is always a hit with my guests. I get plenty of positive feedback from this dish (including fussy kids that won't eat anything but like this dish), but the best feedback I get is watching people go back for seconds and then telling me that they are going to have a go at cooking the dish themselves.
Believe it or not I actually discovered this recipe on a can of carnation milk!